Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe - and World Peace...

My hubby and I spent our honeymoon in Chicago (this was May of 2010, kids). One of our best food moments was eating deep dish pizza at Giordano's.  

Emerile Lagasse has this recipe that I want to try soon.  Sounds pretty legit:

Deep Dish Pizza Recipe... (click here)


I didn't take this picture... found it on the web, but our pizza looked just like this.  Seriously, kids.  Not sure why I'm addressing my non-existent blog reader as "kids."  Perhaps because I just saw the Hunger Games and it disturbed me.  Made me think a lot about kids and our voyeuristic culture and the media and violence and our government which does a lot of covert things and... well, you see my train of thought.  So, on that note, let me go back to ruminating about deep dish pizza, :-)  my amazing honeymoon, ;-) my continually amazing husband, :-) my amazing kids who don't have to go to the reaping (hallelujah) and so on.  Ah... better now.

What if we could get our world's leaders in a room together and have them share some splendid deep dish pizza, sing a few gospel songs (a cappella, hand holding optional) and share photos of their children and grandchildren with each other? The world would be a different place, I tell ya.  I might start a foundation with these basic ideas as our goals.  The name of our organization? P.G.S.P.O.C.  Pizza, Gospel Songs and Pictures of Children.  It could change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment